From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-28 03:34:49

David Abrahams wrote:
> Tobias Schwinger <tschwinger_at_[hidden]> writes:
>

>>David Abrahams wrote:

>>>I can't understand either phrasing.
>>>

>>With or without its context (five levels up the thread)?
>

> Without, I guess. But it's hard to imagine a context that makes it
> understandable. In particular,
>
> The most important case is to match all possibilities. In other
> words, to ignore that aspect.
>
> There is no singular thing for "that" to refer to here.

True for the second version, for the first (and the latest, parallel to you post
in this thread) there is "one aspect" in the preceding sentence. Is it too far away?

> Also, the text there beginning with "In other words," and ending with
> a period is not a complete sentence.

Will it become a valid subordinate clause if we change the period before it to a dash?

In a whole:

      When classifying types, it is often necessary to match against
      several possibilities of one aspect.
      The most important case is to match all of them -- in other words:
      to ignore that aspect. The tags named "unspecified_" plus the aspect
      name describe these cases.

Does this work?

Thanks,

Tobias