From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-28 06:36:15

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:

> So my motivation was and is purely practical. I expected that the only
> people inconvenienced by this are those that are inconvenienced by const in
> general. And that they would handle it the same way. They would just
> grumble and apply a const_cast and forget about it. I'm certainly not
> prohibiting that.

Robert,

How is your rule any different from trapping serialization of all
non-pointer types whose name begins with an uppercase letter? There's
an easy workaround (just serialize via pointer) and the conditions of
the trap have as much to do with the problem you're trying to detect.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting