From: Hickerson, David A (david.a.hickerson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-28 19:35:46

I could not find the original message to look at the proposed code, is
it on the web site some where?

Here are my requirements for a Geometry library.

1. The primitives integrate with translational and rotational elements,
such as homogenous transforms (4x4 matrices), quaterions, Euler angles,
and translation vectors.

2. The translationals and rotation elements convert to one another where
applicable. The rotational part of the homogenous transform convert to
and from a rotational quaterion and to and from Euler angles, or
quaterion to Euler angles. The translation parts can be extracted and
set in the homogenous transform.

3. At a minimum, OpenGL array extraction from homogenous tranforms,
points, and shapes. A float array in the order that OpenGL expects for
these elements. Support for DirectX, and others would be good.

I have done some of this in the library I wrote in 97.

Dave