From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-30 13:31:29

"christopher diggins" <cdiggins_at_[hidden]> wrote

> "Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > So why a solution that clearly involves repeating things multiple times
> > is less ugly than a macro-based approach, that allows to avoid
> > duplication?
>
> He is entitled to his opinion, Arkadiy. Your comments are disparaging and
> disrespectful of his contribution.

I didn't mean to be disrespectful, and I don't think I was,
but I do apologize if it sounded like this...

But I am also entitled to my opinion, and this opinion is that any
solution that doesn't involve duplication is, by definition, cleaner
than one that does. Firthermore, I do think that the goal of
eliminating macros for the sake of eliminating macros is not a right
goal. Therefore, while deeply respecting the author of this proposal,
I simply think, based on his motivation, that this is a step
in the wrong direction.

I may be wrong, of course.

Regards,
Arkadiy