From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-30 15:56:23

From: Tobias Schwinger <tschwinger_at_[hidden]>

> The kinds of types to be synthesised and complex classification queries are
> described by *tag* types.
>
> A tag encapsulates one or more aspects of the kind of type. Tags that represent
> the variations of a single aspect are called *aspect tags*.
>
> or:
>
> The kinds of types to be synthesised and complex classification queries are
> described by *tag* types. A tag encapsulates one or more aspects of the kind of
> type.
>
> Tags that represent the variations of a single aspect are called *aspect tags*.

I wouldn't keep either break. Here's a variation of the
sentences you wrote above (besides putting all three sentences in
one paragraph).

   Complex classification queries and the kinds of types you can
   synthesize are described by *tag* types. A tag represents one
   or more aspects of a type's kind. Tags that represent the
   variations of a single aspect are called *aspect tags*.

The first sentence, as you wrote it, was a bit awkward. While
reading it, one first things the conjunction "and" combines
"synthesized" and "complex." Reading on, one realizes that it is
combining "kinds" and "queries." My rewrite should eliminate
that problem.

Also, I don't see the value in having two (or three) paragraphs
for this text.