From: Andrey Melnikov (melnikov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-01 12:28:51

Johan Johansson wrote:
> How do you do it? I've tried adding using msvc : 8.0 to user.config and
> I've tried using msvc : vc-8_0 since that didn't appear to work. At that
> point I got the message that the python lib wouldn't be build - but I've
> set both PYTHON_ROOT and PYTHON_VERSION to the satisfaction of
> Boost.Build v1. Can someone please tell me what to configure and the
> exact command line I should use to build it?

Are you able to build other libraries? I never needed Boost.Python, and
I can't help you with it. But I was able to compile boost.signals and
other libraries.

msvc.jam doesn't use most of autodetection methods v1 toolkit uses. So I
specified using msvc : 8.0 ; in user.config and had to run vsvars32.bat
manually before running bjam --v2

Andrey