From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-03 10:07:49

D. Kevin McGrath <dmcgrath <at> cs.indiana.edu> writes:

> I'm interested in adding support for arbitrary metrics (euclidean
> distance, taxi-cab, etc) to boost so that I can make use it, as well
> as some alternate tree structures, such as kd-trees. I can't quite
> figure out where they would be most appropriately placed, and it
> doesn't seem as if there is enough (or enough similarity) to have a
> totally separate library. Anyone have any thoughts?

It might make sense to put it Boost.Stat, ie, a statistics package for boost.

There are some basic stuff in the sandbox in the "stat" directory, but
I have stalled development currently (for several reasons, most notably lack of
time). My next step would have been to add generic matrix algorithms to
implement stuff like inversion. Anyway, I feel kd-trees and metrics
would fit nicely into this lib.

best regards

-Thorsten