From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-03 16:42:04

Steven Weiß <steven11_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hallo,
> for Win32GUI Lib I need to link shlwapi.lib. Since the library is built
> with bjam I tried to follow the advice
> given at http://lists.boost.org/boost/2004/05/6103.php and searched a
> bit in the internet. unfortunately it
> doesn't work - when building Win32GUI I still get Linker errors
> (SHCreateStreamOnFile() can't be resolved)

Only one symbol can't be resolved? That's a likely indicator of a
mismatch between the library headers and the library file itself.

> here is the relevant code of the jamfile:

> lib win32gui
> : ../../src/$(SOURCES).cpp
> : [ common-names ]
>
> <include>../../..
> <define>WIN32GUI_NO_LIB
> <define>WIN32GUI_BUILDING_LIB
> <threading>multi
> <library-path>"C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
> 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib"

> : debug release
> <debug><find-library>shlwapi<runtime-link>static
> <release><find-library>shlwapi<runtime-link>static

Those last two lines should be in the previous section. They describe
requirements, not which variants should be built by default.

I assume the library file is called

  shlwapi.lib

and located in

  C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib

??

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting