From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-04 03:24:56

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the months leading up to the publication of Dave's and Aleksey's
>> TMP book, there was a discussion of the proper form for referring to
>> Boost libraries in published material.
>>
>> I'm writing about Boost.Build, and I'm planning to refer to it as
>> Boost.Build most of the time. My question is: if I refer to
>> Boost.Build as "the Boost build system," is this a proper name or a
>> description? How should it be capitalized?
>
> I guess the most consistent thing would be to capitalize "Build" and
> leave the rest as you have written it.

Really? To me it seems a bit odd to treat the works "build" and "system"
differently, when they are both components on the term "build system." My
instinct would have been to use either "Boost Build System" or "Boost build
system."

When you mention consistency, do you mean consistency with the usage "Boost Xxxx
library," in which "Boost" and the library name are capitalized but the word
"library" isn't? To me the parallel doesn't seem very strong.

At any rate, I don't have a strong preference, and I'm happy to use whatever you
think is best.

Jonathan