From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-04 07:35:29

Bjorn.Karlsson_at_[hidden] writes:

>> From: Jonathan Turkanis [mailto:technews_at_[hidden]]
>> > I guess the most consistent thing would be to capitalize "Build"
>> > and leave the rest as you have written it.
>> Really? To me it seems a bit odd to treat the works "build" and
>> "system" differently, when they are both components on the term
>> "build system." My instinct would have been to use either "Boost
>> Build System" or "Boost build system."
>
> I think that "the Boost build system" is correct.

Anything is "correct." The question is which is most appropriate.

lowercasing "build" makes it sound like we're just talking about the
build system that Boost happens to use (which could be makefiles or VS
IDE project files, for example). If you want to indicate that the
build system is a generalized product of Boost efforts, it makes sense
to capitalize "Build," especially if you are also going to write
"Boost.Build"

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting