From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-05 14:06:20

Andrey Melnikov <melnikov_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> "Johan Nilsson" <r.johan.nilsson_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>

>>>"David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

>>>[snip]

>>>Actually, I think that this should be:
>>>
>>>set HOME=%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%
>>

>> Done.
>>
>> I tried to create a regression test for this, but I couldn't get the
>> test system to pass environment variable settings down to the invoked
>> bjam process.
>>
> Do we really need these environment vars? I just put boost-build.jam (as
> documentation suggests) into my \projects folder, and everything below
> \project detects boost.build perfectly.

That is a completely separate issue. The question is, where will
user-config.jam be looked for? It is a BBv2 question, and environment
variables are actually irrelevant. The set command above is just the
way of describing where BBv2 should look for it on Windows systems.

> I really hate making system-wide changes, like setting environment
> variables globally.

You can rest assured that the ability to avoid setting environment
variables has been a design goal of Boost.Build since version 1 was
begun.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting