From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-06 04:45:04

Martin Bonner wrote:

> In this particular case, I think shared_ptr.hpp should include
> shared_ptr_132.hpp /unless/ the user has defined
> BOOST_SERIALIZE_NO_LOAD_132_SHARED_PTR (or some more elegant name)
> beforehand. That way the concerned user can save themselves the overhead,
> whereas the default is safe.

I agree with this. For those users who start using serialization in
1.33, will they notice? But for those of us who already use 1.32 and
have archives with shared_ptrs will suddenly have problems until we get
the appropriate includes sorted out.

I'd rather backwards compatibility just worked.

Cheers

Russell