From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-06 16:15:06

From: Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]>
> Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
> > Vladimir Prus wrote:

> >> I think "Boost.Build" is a name of software product. OTOH, "Boost
> >> build system" means "a build system used by Boost", and says nothing
> >> specific about that build system at all. So, just pick the semantics you
> >> want to convey in each specific case.
> >
> > This sounds right to me.
> >
> > But there was a third choice: the Boost Build System. My current
> > impression, from the various comments so far, is that this term doesn't
> > properly name anything: the correct proper name is Boost.Build. Is that
> > right?
>
> Yea, the "brand name" is Boost.Build, as far as I'm concerned.

I'll weigh in, too. Dave's position that "Boost.Build" is to
"the Boost Build" system as "Boost.Bind" is to "the Boost Bind
library" is compelling. "Boost Build System" is akin to "Boost
Bind Library." I'll grant that we don't have many "systems" in
Boost (installation system? documentation system?), but leaving
room for the future argues for keeping "system" lower case.

I suggest using "Boost.Build" and "the Boost Build system."