From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-06 16:17:40

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who responded to the "Marketing?" thread!

> and http://www.esva.net/~beman/boost-home/more/background.html
>
> Comments? Is this heading in the right direction?

I have just a couple of comments:

- "less program bugs" should be "fewer program bugs," or just "fewer bugs"

- using boost doesn't eliminate reinvention of the wheel, it just reduces it; at
least, that is, until boost contains libraries for doing everything that someone
else has already implemented ;-)

- The quote from Stroustrup has too many ellipses for my tastel; it reminds me
of a movie advertisement that quotes some critic as saying "... A spectacular
.... success" or "Two ... thumbs ... up ... !"

Jonathan