From: AlisdairM (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-06 18:41:59

Robert Ramey wrote:

> Hmmm, before I paste this in, I'm wondering a little.
> shared_ptr_132.hpp is different from shared_ptr.hpp in version 1.32
> in that it uses a null deleter. Its not clear to me that this change
> doesn't nullify this feature. This feature is key to being able to
> recover 1.32 pointers and convert them to the new setup.

Not sure I understand correctly here.
If you are referring to my using checked_deleter, all I did was qualify
the existing detail::checked_deleter as boost::checked_deleter. If
this was supposed to be a null deleter, I would check the code in CVS.

For reference, the Borland workarounds consisted of removing 2 "using
namespace boost;" statements inside namespace boost_132, and then
adding an explicit boost:: qualifier on the front of the couple of
names that were being dragged in from the global boost namespace.

I did not change any other functionality.

It is possible you were expecting name-lookup to resolve more symbols
in the boost namespace, but I only found these 2 or 3.

AlisdairM