From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-07 01:23:28

Doug Gregor wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2005, at 4:53 PM, David Abrahams wrote:
>
>> Doug Gregor <dgregor_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>> Those are the Martin Wille tests that are failing; the OSL tests are
>>> all passing. Martin, to run the Python tests you'll probably need to
>>> build different versions of Python for the different compilers.
>>

>> Doug, I know you've drawn that conclusion, but it really surprises me.
>> Generally speaking, I have been able to use any version of Python with
>> any compiler, provided Python was compiled with something having a
>> compatible 'C' ABI.
>

> I dunno what else to say. You're free to play around with things on our
> Linux machine (eddie); we have various flavors of GCC 3.3 and 3.4
> available, with Pythons compiled with those plus the system GCC 3.3.5.
> GCC 2.95.3 (with or without STLport) works fine with the system Python
> (compiled with the system's GCC 3.3.5), but Boost.Python tests fail to
> run properly unless Python is recompiled with the same GCC 3.3.6 or 3.4.4.

GCC 3.3.5 is the system compiler here, too (no surprise, since we're
both using Gentoo.) The GCC 3.3.6 tests seem to run fine. 3.4.4 and
4.0.0 produce segmentation faults for a couple of the Boost.Python tests.

One of the failing tests is exception_translator. This smells like a
problem similar to what we had with Intel.

Regards,