From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-07 06:34:23

"Pedro Lamarão" <pedro.lamarao_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

>It sure gives me a little more energy to know there *are* people
>interested in this library... :-)

Don't worry, there is great interest in a networking library, and your stuff
looks good. Although I'm not qualified to comment on details of your design.

There has been a lot of discussion of networking issues in the past, but
that hasn't resulted in an actual proposed library. My guess is that people
are holding their breath, hoping that your work will be carried through to
completion.

One thing I didn't see was a discussion of the various levels of networking
support. Are the components you describe actually implemented in terms of
some lower level functionality? Will that lower level be publicly exposed?

Thanks,

--Beman