From: Pedro Lamarão (pedro.lamarao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-07 11:37:36

Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:

> The discussions about a networking library here in the boost mailing
> list, IIRC, people defined that a lower-level abstraction was a need.
> And I think it really is.
> Would be very helpful to have RAII with sockets without needing to
> reimplement it every time. As is needed to be able to use completion
> ports or async IO with networking, that wont be available in your
> library. (or am I missing something?)

The library I'm preparing to propose is a networking implementation of
the standard IOStream interfaces with the necessary accessories to allow
proper usage.

To achieve that purpose, I not only have no interest in dealing in terms
of descriptors, but no inspiration: fstreams don't do it.

No types proposed by the library are meant to interact with this or that
operating system primitive.

--
Pedro Lamarão
Desenvolvimento