From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-08 21:07:43

"Douglas Gregor" <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> On Jul 7, 2005, at 8:55 AM, Steve Clamage wrote:
>> OSL is currently getting the beta versions of our next compiler
>> release (Sun
>> Studio 10 update 1, C++ 5.8). Sun C++ still has many BOOST test
>> failures. We
>> found the problem with static templates in an internal compiler update
>> that we
>> won't distribute until we resolve which failures are errors in BOOST,
>> and which
>> are compiler bugs.
>
> Just a follow-up: I've installed the Sun compilers on one of our OSL
> systems. It shows up as "OSL4" (sunpro-5_8u1-sunos) on the regression
> tests. It's far too late in the Boost release cycle to consider it a
> release platform, but we'll be running the tests nightly regardless.

Good. That will help the Sun folks get their compiler into better shape,
which helps Boost too in the long run.

I see Boost.Filesystem is causing an assert in Sun code:

>> Assertion: (../lnk/init.cc, line 1032)
    while processing
/tmp/dgregor/BoostRegressionTesting/boost/boost/filesystem/path.hpp at line
66.

Line 66 is just a simple member declaration:

     std::string leaf() const;

Hum... That same assert is firing for some other libraries. Type traits
tricky_function_type_test for example.

Do you happen to know where we file bug reports for sunpro-5_8u1?

--Beman