From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-08 22:29:17

From: Larry Evans <cppljevans_at_[hidden]>
> On 07/08/2005 12:56 PM, Rob Stewart wrote:
> > From: Larry Evans <cppljevans_at_[hidden]>
> [snip]
> > What would you name the header for class static_?
> >
> > I don't see a trailing underscore, which is a valid character in
> > an identifier, as a good wildcard character.
> >
> What would you name the header for class static? Obviously
> you'd have to constrain your class names to conform to the convention
> that there's no static_, just as in Jonathan's proposed naming
> convention there would be no name static, IIUC.

I understood you to propose a naming convention that could well
apply beyond Boost.IOStreams.

class static_ might model static in an electronics simulation.
My point was that there are class names one might choose that
correspond to keywords, so one may choose to use an underscore in
such a class name to avoid the keyword. A file for such a class
would have a filename that reflects the class name, thus ending
with an underscore.

If you're saying you'd disallow such class names, I suppose that
may work, but it is limiting.