From: Dave Steffen (dgsteffen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-14 14:16:10

David Abrahams writes:

> I am defining a macro,
>
> BOOST_PARAMETER_KEYWORD(tag_namespace, name)
>
> that declares a keyword for the Parameter library. It has to be used
> at namespace scope. I have the option to define it so that correct
> usage requires a trailing semicolon, or so that the trailing semicolon
> is forbidden. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to make it
> optional. Which should I choose?

<lurk mode off>

This is more-or-less what I was asking about several weeks back on the
"boost-users" list (although at the time I didn't know how to require
the semicolon - I do now, thanks to the feedback.)

As others have
pointed out, it's more convenient in many ways, and IMHO more
"natural" to have the semicolon.

<lurk mode on>

Dave Steffen, Ph.D. "There are two ways to write error-free
Software Engineer IV programs; only the third one works."
Numerica Corporation
ph (970) 419-8343 x27 "Pie are not square. Pie are round.
fax (970) 223-6797 Cornbread are square"
dgsteffen_at_[hidden] ... anon (usenet)