From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-15 04:18:48

Thanks.

| I did some editing of the template in an attempt to make it
| boost compatible, although I didn't put it in the Boost name
| space. Even though it says it's a boost file, I'm fully aware
| that it isn't. Sorry about that.

There is no problem about it using Boost licence, but my understanding of
some resent discussion is that it is considered good form to include
something like 'candidate' or 'submitted to' to show that it has not yet
emerged from the intense light (and heat) and of concerted Boosters
scrutiny.

This seems quite neat and a welcome workaround for the lack of a proper
binary (Ada's any power seems a bit overkill - anyone seriously missing
base 7, base 13? But its separators are shown to be useful here).

But have there been no proposals for a language solution in C++0X? 0b1010?

Is this for lack of a , or other separator between the groups of 1010s?

Paul

Paul A Bristow
+44 1539 561830 +44 7714 330204
mailto: pbristow_at_[hidden]