From: Misha Bergal (mbergal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-15 05:02:05

I've updated tarball/zipball making script
(tools/release/make_tarballs.py). It has proven to be quite useful for
1.32.0 release. Basically it automates getting sources from CVS (with
windows and unix newlines), building documentation, setting necessary
Unix permission, cleaning up the intermediary results and making
tarballs.

There are some caveats though:

1. It runs on Windows and requires cygwin.

2. There might have been some changes in build procedure between
1.32.0 and 1.33.0, so the resulting tarballs need to be checked by a
more knowledgable person. I will run the comparison between 1.32.0 and
1.33.0 tomorrow to check for obvious problems.

3. It doesn't have any documentation yet.

4. Release Manager's Checklist
(http://www.boost.org/more/release_mgr_checklist.html) Distribution
section has not been updated to include the reference to
make_tarballs.py documentation.

5. Standard distrubitution of xsltproc has a show-stopper bug
(http://tinyurl.com/bcp93) so the patched one needs to be obtained
from our web site
(http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost/xsltproc-win32.zip)

--