From: Rob Williscroft (rtw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-16 14:10:31

Jonathan Wakely wrote in news:20050716165627.GA5867_at_[hidden] in
gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel:

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 03:59:04PM +0000, Rob Williscroft wrote:
>
>> David Abrahams wrote in news:ufyuedfs6.fsf_at_[hidden] in
>> gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel:

> amed namespace and
>> > I'm using FireFox to proof it. Is there something wrong with your
>> > browser settings that it can't display unicode characters?
>>
>> I also get this, in both mozilla 1.7.7 and I.E 6.0 (XP), though the
>> souce appears to be valid UTF-8 as Notepad shows the Quotes fine.
>
> Looks fine in firefox 1.0.4 and mozilla 1.7.8
>
>> Manually changing the encoding too UTF-8 shows every thing so I
>> looked again at the headers:

> " />
>>
>> There is a quote missing above, docutils bug ? maybe.
>
> No there isn't, charset=utf-8 is part of the content attribute's
> value, not a separate attribute. charset is a parameter of the
> content-type header. There's also an encoding attribute on the XML
> declaration.

Yep, your right, and if I save the file localy it display's fine but

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/
*checkout*/boost/boost/libs/parameter/doc/html/index.html?rev=1.5

doesn't, so I guess its down to viewcvs.py (above) setting the
HTTP Encoding header.

Rob.

--
http://www.victim-prime.dsl.pipex.com/