From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-18 06:42:29

> >> Are you sure it's legal to take "< 3" and paste on the remaining
> >> characters, e.g., "0404"? My knowledge of the preprocesor
> is pretty
> >> limited, but this sounds like something Paul M. told me
> was undefined.

Missed this. It isn't undefined. The operands of the token-pasting operator
are only the two tokens immediately adjacent to it. However, if one of these
operands is part of an argument, it has the effect of disabling argument
expansion for the entire argument. I.e. it acts only on two tokens, but it
affects expansion of the entire argument.

Regards,
Paul Mensonides