From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-18 16:34:24

David Abrahams wrote:
> I think the tutorial documentation is close to complete. Last minute
> editorial comments would be appreciated. See
> libs/parameter/doc/html/index.html

Dave, I have a question about documentation of *my* library that uses
Boost.Parameter.

Documentation of the original new_window example is straghtforward because
the public interface is exactly what the user sees and uses:

window* new_window(
   char const* name,
   int border_width = default_border_width,
   bool movable = true,
   bool initially_visible = true
   );

However, the interface to the equivalent function that uses Boost.Parameter
is extremely complex, even if the resulting usage is beautifully simple:

window* w = new_window("alert box", movable=false); // OK!

So, my question. How would you go about documenting this
Boost.Parameter-ized interface? I guess I'm suffering from a lack of
imagination, but I'm genuinely stumped by this. Perhaps you could add such
a documentation to the dfs example?

Regards,
Angus