From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-18 18:23:30

"David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote
> "Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> FWIW This compiles fine in VC7.1 . AFAIK there is no C++ rule
>> banning an empty statement in any scope( including namespace scope)
>> where a statement is otherwise allowed.
>
> But that's just it: statements aren't allowed at namespace scope.

Thats not correct. A declaration-statement is a statement.

However I assume what you are trying to say is ; if statements allowed at
namespace scope cannot be empty then by deduction semicolons representing empty
statements are not permitted at namespace scope.

Apologies for the misleading comment.

Andy Little