From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-21 23:47:28

Hello,

A change to boost/serialization/base_object.hpp made
10 hrs ago is currently breaking virtually every
Boost.MultiIndex test in every platform: as of now,
already four engines are showing the problem, see
for instance http://tinyurlcom/ccaqx. More will come.

The bug is silly enough, some names are not declared
but used when boost/serialization/base_object.hpp is
included without having previously included any of
boost/archive/*.hpp.

Please somebody fix this, currently I don't have
CVS access, can't do it myself.

I don't want to sound harsh, but it is my humble
opinion that this kind of trivial bugs should be
checked against before commiting to the CVS.
For the record, a similar problem (undeclared
stuff if no archive header is included) popped up
some weeks ago in exactly the same fashion, current
vacpp results (not updated since quite some time)
are a sad memory of that bug, see http://tinyurl.com/7tyda.
This would be trivially detected before commiting
if only a test would be added to Boost.Serialization
testsuite that merely included serialization
headers but no archive headers. No current test
is doing that (except mine :) which is a serious
hole wrt to source code coverage, as we're seeing
now. Anyway, now it's too close to 1.33, maybe this
suggestion could be taken into consideration
after release.

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo