From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-25 11:16:03

> I'm writing codes for my corporation,and I am faced with an challenge that
> how can I do a wrap for the Boost.Regex according to our libarary which
> has used in our programs.
> firstly, the string type in our library is differ from the std::string, so
> how can I do a template partial version toward the basic_regex?
> many thanks for inconvenient!

You don't need to use std::string in order to use Boost.Regex: the library
is iterator based so as long as your character type is char or wchar_t then
all you have to do is convert your own string type into either a pair of
iterators, or a nul-terminated string, and pass those through to the regex
constructor and algorithms. Without more information about the string types
that you are using I can't really help more than that.

John.