From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-25 13:31:46

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:
>

>>b) I was very disappointed that Comeau couldn't be made to work. The
>>library does in fact build with this platform. But due to some sort of
>>interaction with the Boost Test library, the tests won't link and can't be
>>run. For all I know it would work with user code. I realize that Comeau
>>isn't on the "required" list so its not a release issue
>

> Did you know that Comeau doesn't support dynamic linking (at least last
> I checked)? You might need to force static linking to get your tests
> to work.

I brought an issue up regarding Comeau over this past weekend. Using como-win32,
when one goes to build Boost libraries after the install, most libraries attempt
to build dll versions along with lib versions. This fails with Comeau, because
it does not support building dlls. Furthermore because some libraries (
date_time and program_options ) also set BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK when building their
dll versions, and because config/platform/win32.hpp sets BOOST_HAS_DECLSPEC even
with como-win32 and como-win32 does not support this extension in strict Ansi
mode, which is set during the build process for that compiler, the errors which
come up in that case are numerous and fill the output.

I realize that not too much work has done with Comeau as far as the Boost build
process is concerned but I think that something should be done to circumvent dll
builds of libraries for Comeau in the normal Boost build process.

There are other issues when attempting to build libraries with como-win32 but I
will bring them up elsewhere.