From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-28 11:42:26

That's what all the other tests do. These tests verify that that an archive
saved under one version can be loaded when the class version is changed.
Class version is a program wide compile time seriailization trait for a
class so one can't really can't have a single executable which saves under
an old version and loads under a newer one. That is why these tests are
separate. I had hope that the bjam would permit DEPENDS syntax like
test_load_xml.run requires test_save_xml.run. In fact the bjam syntax does
permit it but it has no effect. I would hope that bjam v2 addresses this
issue in some way though I havn't checked.

Robert Ramey