From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-28 15:34:50

> On Behalf Of Hajo Kirchhoff
>
> Brian Braatz wrote:
> > you split the lib into a few pieces:
> >
> > 1- Get the data from the data base and stream it into X
> > 2- a stock form of "X" (like the table you described)
> > 3- Helpers for binding
> >
> > if you built the thing that way, then it will be usable by those of
us
> > out there who have large bodies of code relying on things like ADO
> > recordsets. I would love to replace the recordsets, but I need to be
> > able to selectively use pieces of your library and I need to have a
> > usage model that is similar.
> >

> Thanks, interesting thoughts.
>
> Hajo

[Brian Braatz Writes:]
If you are interested in collaborating, I have wanted to (for some time
now) build the table<> aspect of what you are working on.

My goals:
1- functional drop in replacement for ADO recordset
2- Dynamic and static "views" and indexes
3- binding model that does NOT force you to use the bindings supplied
with the library
        this is something ADO lacks, and something I have had to work
around to great frustration
4- the ability to COPY from one table<> to another table<>
        * ADO does NOT ALLOW you to copy recordsets. (brilliant no?)

Additionally -

I am not sure if he is still interested, but Joaquin Munez and I
exchanged emails awhile back about collaborating on such a beast.

The general idea was to take the functionality in multi-index container
and make it work dynamically.

(and there is more)

I am working on something unrelated to this discussion that could form a
good foundation for table<>. I should have something to share middle of
next week.

Just let me know if you are interested in putting our heads together.

:)

Brian