From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-29 04:55:00

> We still don't know about the vc-7.1/Boost.Python regressions.

I'm presuming this is related to the compiler hotfix that had been installed
on that machine? If so it looks like a new compiler bug, however given the
dire warnings MS places on it's web site about that fix, I don't think we
should get too exercised about it. The real question is: is there any sense
in which the compiler could be correct in it's error? Are there any new
DR's that could be affecting things here? I believe the answer to both is
"no", and the location of the error message is particularly strange (it
occurs at the declaration of a typedef that doesn't try to access any base
classes, just define what the type of the base class actually is).

Not sure if this helps, John.