From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-01 13:44:55

On Aug 1, 2005, at 1:29 PM, Daryle Walker wrote:

> I don't use Visual C++, but people here talk like VC8 is still in
> beta. So
> why are we treating it like a supported compiler? Shouldn't we wait
> for VC8
> to be finalized? (That means telling users to wait until 1.34 or stay
> with
> VC7.1.) Aren't there several VC8 betas being used by people here?

Your timing is quite interesting. Just this morning we ended up with
another crop of inexplicable VC8 failures (where it appears that the
linker might be crashing). In response, I've removed it from the list
of supported compilers; see the explanation in the new index.htm for
the RC_1_33_0 branch (and the release candidate).

        Doug