From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-03 13:37:53

Douglas Gregor wrote:
> These are the issues we need to resolve before I can roll RC2, which
> is likely to become the final release:
>
> - Jonathan Turkanis needs a picture

Okay, done.

> - Fix remaining broken links

I'll work on this again.

> - iostreams: Document how to get bzip2/gzip iostreams to work in
> more/getting_started.html

What do you recommend here? I don't want to add all the configuration variables
to the table under step five, because there are too many. Would it be enough to
add the option -sNO_COMPRESSION=1, with a description of the option and a link

  http://boost-consulting.com/boost/libs/iostreams/doc/index.html?path=7

?

One consideration is that on UNIX systems which don't have bzip2 and zlib
installed, or which have them installed in non-standard places, or which use
really old versions of these libraries, Boost won't build unless some
affirmative action is taken; the easiest remedy is to define NO_COMPRESSION. So
maybe this option needs to be more prominent than just another entry in the
table.

Jonathan