From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-03 23:01:54

Pavel Chikulaev wrote:
> "Beman Dawes" wrote...
>
>>On IE 6.0.2900 SP2, it shows up as a square about two characters wide.
>
> Same browser, same problem.
>
> That's probably a browser bug, but...
>
> Could that unicode character changed to ampersand-sequence? Moreover nowhere
> except these places unicode characters are used.

That doesn't help for all Browsers. Some of them simply don't support
the vertical ellipsis, no matter how you spell it . They will instead
display whatever they use for a missing glyph.

I don't think we can't work around this portably without damaging the
semantics of the text. I'm now in favour of ignoring this problem and
letting the Browsers fix it. It's a rendering problem, after all.

Regards,