From: Ben Artin (macdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-08 12:26:38

In article <dd82f9$sot$1_at_[hidden]>, Beth Jacobson <bethj_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Done. The test page is up at http://bajac.com/boost/

I like this except for one thing: because links and titles are bluish text, it's
really hard to tell that titles are not links. I realize that the blue color of
titles is slightly darker, but the problem is that the titles are also set in a
considerably heavier typeface, and as a result I initially thought that titles
are links and are using the same color (and just look darker because the
typeface is heavier). This is further compounded by the fact that the section
heading image (">>") looks very much like a stylized arrow, which to me suggests
a link.

In short, I believe that the highlight color (dark blue) and the link color
(lighter blue) are insufficiently distinct and therefore confusing.

I think it might be a good idea to simply give up using blue for non-link
section headings.

Ben

--
I changed my name: <http://periodic-kingdom.org/People/NameChange.php>