From: Manfred Doudar (manfred.doudar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-08 22:08:55

Beth Jacobson wrote:

>Done. The test page is up at http://bajac.com/boost/

I believe your attempts complement Rene's work well.

>I went for subtle but clear. Hopefully people on various OS's and
>browsers can tell me if I succeeded.

Colors and what not are in my (subjective) opinion done well. Really
well.

Where I had issue, was with the "Updated Libraries" section. As I
can see, there are two pertinent issues here, namely:

1. When I first looked here ("Updated Libraries"), the first thing I
    asked myself was why the text was column-ated (is that a word?) to
    the left, and not running across the entire page width; as it might
    aide readability.

    This is really not so important, especially if the next point is
    taken to task...

2. Take for example the "Graph Library" in the "Updated Libraries"
    section: a whole series of points are made sumarizing much of
    the capability, but in its condensed form, makes very hard to
    distinguish each point.

    The solution here as I see it is either bullet points of some
    description (which is not the best of options to be honest), or
    alternatively, and much better, is a little, and just a little
    space between each of the summary points made.

Other than that, I thank you and Rene on a job well done. -It really
looks great and does well in projecting a professional image of Boost.

Cheers,

--
Manfred Doudar
Metocean Engineers