From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-10 10:25:12

Peter Simons wrote:
> Rene Rivera writes:
>
> > The ordering of the menu after the text is intentional.
>
> Well, on http://boost.org/ this is _not_ the case; the
> original page has the introduction text following the
> navigation when viewed with a text-based browser.

Yes, I know ;-) The change to text-nav order was intentional is all I said.

> > [Hence the readers do] not have to paginate down to get
> > to the text. Why do you think it "is bad" ?
>
> Because the readers have to paginate down to get to the
> navigation, which they'll probably access more frequently
> than the text.

But again this is a disagreement of who the audience is. Newby visitors
are better served by having text to read telling them where they are
than by a bunch of links. And yes this is a shift in Boost public image
we need. More, and more new users visit the Boost pages. And more and
more they are put off by the "expert" look and feel of the pages.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything