From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-11 08:50:43

Neal Becker wrote:

> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
> > Neal Becker wrote:
> >> I'm trying to package up a boost_1_33 RPM.
> >
> > That's great !
> > Some offtopic remark: Are you adding suitable pkg-config
> > (*.pc) files to the packages ? That would be tremendously
> > helpful (in particular if debian packagers would then do
> > the same) !
> >

> No. I don't know anything about this subject. Any hints?

Those files would let you say:

  c++ `pkg-config boost_thread` foo.cc

and have the pkg-config script print the compiler flags you need to
compile and link with Boost.Thread.

There's been a bit of discussion on this list earlier this year (and
before that too) but noone's done the work yet.

jon

--
"the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly
remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just