From: Neal Becker (ndbecker2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-11 11:27:37

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> Neal Becker wrote:
>
>> I notice that 1.33.0-rc2 doesn't build dynamic libs for wave.
>> Is this intentional?
>
> Yes. The only reason was lack of time to implement it. But it's on my TODO
> list.
>
> Regards Hartmut

Thanks. Just to clarify, does this mean
1) It is known that wave dll will not work on any platform?
2) It is known that wave dll will not work on some platforms?

I ask because there are other cases where dll building was disabled because
of 2), but on platforms using gnu tools the dll was fine. I did test
building libwave as dll, and linked the test program, and ran at least one
test without problems.

If there a known issue with this? I'm tempted to go ahead and enable shared
libs for Redhat/Fedora build otherwise.