From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-13 05:16:21

At 01:40 2005-08-13, you wrote:
>At 19:00 2005-08-12, you wrote:
>
> >....for newly added compilers! Boost.Python has apparently regressed
> >for vc-8.0
> >
> >How can that be?
>
>that's getting some error I've never seen before... headers with and
>withOUT _DEBUG ??

to be a little more precise, there is (what is now) a logic error in
boost/python/detail/wrap_python.hpp

lines 23ff:
#ifdef _DEBUG
# ifndef BOOST_DEBUG_PYTHON
# undef _DEBUG // Don't let Python force the debug library just
because we're debugging.
# define DEBUG_UNDEFINED_FROM_WRAP_PYTHON_H
# endif
#endif

appears to include several of the "standard includes for the vc
runtime libraries" notably crtdefs.h (indirectly).
this header appears to check for inconsistancy in #including files
with _DEBUG defined and not... the error shows uplater in use_ansi.h

it appears as if one can mess around with a symbol called:

_CRT_NOFORCE_MANIFEST

in wrap_python.hpp and it will get rid of the error, I have no
opinion yet whether the resulting code will actually work