From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-15 09:29:42

Neal Becker wrote:

> I think the convention on Redhat, and probably others, is to use -release.
> Just like I did with boost-1.33.0-9.srpm. That is, vendor updates don't
> use '.', they use '-'.

Right. But how are the changes reflected in the DSO names ? Wasn't that
the origin of this whole thread ? There needs to be a way for packagers
to express 'minor release with no ABI changes', but if the full range
of three position numers ('1.33.1') is already taken by boost.org itself,
even without *any* semantics attached, that's hard to do without confusing
users.

Regards,
                Stefan