From: Axter (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-15 21:39:05

I'm proposing to add the clone_ptr class to the boost library.

I've developed a clone_ptr class that performs a clone of an abstract pointer without the need
for a clone method.

The clone_ptr is well suited for automatic deep copy of abstract pointers,
and for use with STL containers.

In addition to being able to perform clone operations, it also have
operators that performs comparison on the object being pointed to, instead
of the pointer address.
This allows for correct sorting and comparison of clone_ptr's in an STL
container.
See following link for more info:
http://code.axter.com/clone_ptr_introduction.htm

Also check out the boost vault (clone_ptr_Introduction.zip )