From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-16 17:55:22

"Mat Marcus" <mat-boost_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> The compilation errors are quite strange.

Hi. Boosters,

I'm not too sure about this particular error( However I'll bet its a Concept
error... whatever... Its certainly an error in the library implementation),.
This is an example of mislocation that often occurs in C++. (I often find the
compiler outputs error messages fom standard libraries, only due to an error in
my own code.). The XConcept Check and enable_if( and mpl) libraries could help
with this, if the library developer has sufficient understanding, and if they
are used. As it stands I dont believe that boost libraries take error checking
adequately seriously. It would be useful if somebody picked up on
error-checking in general and wrote a developers tutorial. I am confident that,
with designed-in error checking for all boost libraries, the errors cited
here( for instance) could be replaced with something much more useful. For
degree students... a useful topic... so take this up, combining theory of
programming with prcatical day-to-day (economic)coding.

reagrds
Andy Little