From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-17 10:15:11

Oliver Kullmann wrote:

> thanks for your reply.
[snip]

> Different to your solution above, we are happy with the
> evaluation of only
> f1 or f2 only in the case the function returned true; and I
> guess, due to the missing cancellation of threads, in your
> solution one thread will still continue to run (and using
> resources) even if result has been computed and the main
> thread is continuing, right?

That's very much related to the idea Martin was talking about in his post
wrt failing futures. We'll have to think about, how to allow such behaviour.
The current implementation relies on the futures returning some 'real'
result value, not a flag signing success.

And yes, in our case (as long as we won't add some cooperative thread
cancelling) the remaining thread will run until it#s finished.

Regards Hartmut