From: Darryl Green (darryl.green_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-18 09:07:10

John Torjo wrote:

> I don't think construction is tricky. I think knowing whether I'm still
> constructed - that's the problem.

You can never test for "still constructed" using data that is part of
the possibly destructed object - all you get is undefined behavior.
You don't need the test if you can live with never destroying the
object.

>>The scoped log stuff doesn't seem to have been updated to support levels yet -
>>in fact I'm not sure if it currently works?
>

> It does work, and it does support levels: BOOST_SCOPEDLOG and
> BOOST_SCOPEDLOGL

It was just the problem fixed by Andreas confusing me.

> You're right. What comes to mind, is to have an extra parameter:
> bool add_even_if_name_exists.
>
> So, if passing 'false', if "display" already exists, it's not added. If
> passing 'true', "display" is added even if it exists.

That works, but I think the interface reflects a design choice (mixing
naming/registering the appender and connecting it) that should be
reconsidered.

Regards
Darryl.