From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-19 02:05:02

On 8/16/05 7:28 PM, "Christoph Ludwig"
<cludwig_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 04:03:30PM -0400, Daryle Walker wrote:
>> (Some of the) Problems I see:
>
> There's a diff at
> <url:http://www.cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/~cludwig/boost/HyperComplex.dif
> f>
> that fixes or works around the problems below.
>
>> 1. I had to bump the author's e-mail and web addresses to a footnote
>> instead of putting them in the main title-page text. (lines 5-7 in the
>> *.tex file)
>
> I am not so sure I understood what you want. Setting the two URLs centerd
> below the author's name is certainly no problem. (I decided to set them
> somewhat smaller than the author's name. If you don't like that remove the
> \small in front of the URLs.) I set the URLs with... the \url command. :-)
> That way you don't need to worry about special characters etc.

I wanted the look in the original papers (in BOOST_ROOT/libs/math/
quaternion/TQE.pdf with corrections/additions in TQE_EA.pdf). That paper
didn't have the "mailto", but I guess that's needed to make the link work.

[SNIP]
>> 5. Some function blocks are inline with the text instead of put into a
>> separate row by themselves. (lines 273-275, 451-456, 661-663)
>
> That's essentially the same as (3). I'd prefer to keep function definitions on
> one line, but that's up to you. I also don't like the itemized formulas
> (pp. 16, 17). I'd rather employ the display and alignment environments from
> amsmath. But I did not want to change too much.

I redid it as a single-column (w/o delimiters) matrix. Your corrections
made too much spacing, now my re-correction doesn't have enough.

[SNIP]
> The document still offers many opportunities to improve its typesetting but I
> think I covered the most glaring points.

I uploaded a revised version to the same CVS spot.

Also, the Bibliography doesn't show the same information as in the original
papers. I wonder if there's a way to fix that.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie