From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-19 10:27:05

"Christopher Kohlhoff" <chris_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Hi Rob,
>
> --- Rob Stewart <stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > OTOH, using swap(), *if* a user used a vector<double>
> > instead of the array you mention, then vector won't add overhead.
>
> But Thorsten was proposing only the use of vector<char>, so you would
> still need to convert from vector<double> to vector<char>.

I'm proposing a lot. In one mail I wrote vector<T>.
I don't know what's required, if you can only send chars or not.
So if you need to send arbitrary data, then just allow both
T (&)[N] and vector<T>. (so no copy needed)

Having these two variants don't prohibit you from providing an
overload based on void* which is then used internally in the two other
variants.

-Thorsten