From: Teemu Torma (teemu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-22 17:05:40

On Monday 22 August 2005 03:59, Matt Hurd wrote:
> Using a read_lock state on the same works without deadlock (or safety
> is this case) as expected.  Using a scoped_write_lock worked once but
> deadlocked mostly.
>
> A normal mutex and recursive mutex works as expected.
>
> I'm using 1.33.  Is this a known bug or am I using the read_write
> stuff incorrectly?

I noticed same thing last week--a multithreaded program deadlocks with
multiple threads waiting for write lock but no one holding it. It was
not immediately clear to me why.

This was reproduced on win32, linux and solaris, so it appears to be
read_write_lock specific problem. Underlying primitives (mutex and
condition) work fine on all platforms.

The same code worked fine with boost 1.32.

Teemu